Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Boy and His Robot

Here is the link to my 5x5:
A Boy and His Robot

1. First Shot: My little brother and his stuffed robot waking up to an annoying alarm and smiling (isn't he                             adorable?)
Second Shot: An overhead shot of my little brother brushing his teeth with his robot in his arms.
Third Shot: My brother eating his cereal while his robot reads a good book.
Fourth Shot:My brother tying his shoes with his robot by his side.
Fifth Shot: My brother and his robot walking out the door to face a new day together.

2. I had a LOT of fun creating this video with my little brother. He loves to act so he was super excited about getting to star in my film project. To shoot, I used a Pure Digital Flip Camera which I borrowed from Mr. Mayo. I was grateful that the school had a camera to lend me since mine recently broke and we haven't gotten a new one yet. I edited my clips using wevideo.com. Although it was frustrating at first because it wouldn't let me cut my clips or export them, I figured it out with the help of a friend and after that it was really easy to use. 

3. 5x5 was a great way to start of the year and get our creative juices flowing. The fact that it could only be 25 seconds long was challenging in a way because you had to trim a lot of the excess footage to get the perfect 5 seconds. I think I did a good job with my 5x5 though, and it was pretty fun to shoot it too.

4.For our next video challenge we should either do something much shorter, or much longer. If it was to be longer, I'd like for us to have an opportunity to make a video that tells a full story and is a couple of minutes long. If it was to be shorter, I think each student should choose a theme and make ten seconds video of a bunch of fast-moving clips that relate to that theme, like in the opening for the movie "Gattaca." 

No comments:

Post a Comment