Sunday, December 9, 2012

The PMS Store

I've decided to dedicate this post to an idea I have for what I believe would be a very marketable business. The idea for this business came on a day  my friend and I were walking to Whole Foods to pick up some ingredients to make dinner.* On our way, we passed a store. Although I can't recall it's name, I do remember that its initials spelled out .PMS. This got us talking about how funny it would be if there was actually a store for women called The P.M.S. Store, in which women could buy the stereotypical things they might crave while PMS-ing. There could be stacks of chick flicks, a large assortment of gourmet chocolates, roses, perfume, Ibuprofen, teddy bears, and racks of warm robes. In the back there could be freezers full of Haagen Dazs ice cream. They would also sell those pouches you can fill with warm water. Everyone who worked there would be required to give female customers compliments as they left the store. It would be awesome. The more we thought about it, the more enthusiastic we grew.  We thought we'd just come up with the most genius idea ever, and wondered if anyone else had already thought of this, and if such a store existed somewhere. When we got home, we went straight to the computer to do some research.  It turns out there weren't and stores in current existence, at least not on the Internet. So just in case you were thinking of starting your own original business, this could be the market for you. That is all.
http://www.mainlinetoday.com/Blogs/Bocconcini/May-2010/One-for-me-One-for-you/blog-bocc-EdwardMarcChocolateAssortment.jpghttp://www.emme-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/chickflicks.jpg
           


*So for that dinner I made some potato salad as a side. There wasn't any mayonnaise though so I had to make my own. In case you didn't know making mayonnaise requires using a raw egg. Anyways, I ate it really happily and didn't think much of it until 24 hours later when I had to spend the night at the hospital thanks to Salmonella. Not fun guys, don''t eat raw eggs. There's no way it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment